Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Ahoy!



So this is it!

A few months ago, Liz and I were commenting in the car that it has been so hard for us to stay in touch with everyone because of our ridiculous work schedules. Then we thought that since we're all plugged in to the World Wide Web, why not start a blog for the extended family so that we could all post messages, links, and photos! Plus, with the kids off at college these days, they could post as well since they're so internet savvy.

I thought I would start things off with a BANG! The boxers you see above are Iron Mike Tyson (on the left) and Buster Douglas. Buster Douglas was the first man to ever defeat Mike Tyson, and he was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio. I learned all of this after he strolled into the Northstar Cafe last Friday and ate his weight in freshly-prepared organic food. A couple of guys that I worked with pointed out Mr. Douglas to me, and apparently he still lives in the area. I'm trying to decide who the bigger celebrity from the past week was: Buster Douglas, or Mayor Mike Coleman.

In other news, Liz has been working hard at baking at the new Northstar for just over a month now. She enjoys baking and is trying to do her best to get into the speed and stress of the restaurant world. If you travel over to the Northstar Cafe website, you won't find much information yet, but you will get a suave look at the new cafe in Clintonville, about one mile south of our house.

I've put the S-10 pickup truck into that big junkyard in the sky and now drive a black '05 Honda Civic. At the start of the NHL season, I became a rabid Columbus BlueJackets fan and I am now playing drums in a punk band called REFLECT.

So here's to a fresh start on this blog and everyone should send me their e-mails, which I will add to the permissions and you can all start posting. If any of you need help getting started, just e-mail me or call your offspring. It's as easy as falling off a horse.

5 comments:

Steve said...

This is a great idea. Cindy, Ali & I are heading to the Virginia mountains this afternoon to chill and visit James Madison University. If I can figure this all out I will share some photos of fall colors

Randi said...

Hey....I think I just might have figured this out!

Mike said...

black99 is Mike

Mike said...

black99 is now Mike

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Sean. It's good to hear from everyone. Is Liz still working at On Paper?