Saturday, October 3, 2009

Christmas is coming!

Hello everyone. Christmas will be here very soon and I would like to propose something. With the economy the way it is, I propose that we set a spending limit on our gifts this year, between $25-$30. I know we have never done this before, but times are rough in many ways and this may help someone who wouldn't feel comfortable speaking up. And, when a limit is set, people can get very creative.

Thoughts?

If someone in your family doesn't normally read this blog, please let them know about this so they can comment if they wish.

Merry Christmas!

11 comments:

Erin said...

Aunt Donna:

I think that's a fantastic idea! I'm looking forward to coming up with ideas for my person & am also excited to see what everyone else comes up with.

Randi said...

Works for me. Even if we submit a "wishlist", with savvy (sp?) shopping this is do-able.

Mike said...

I would suggest a limit of $28.39!

What should we do if we have already purchased our gift? Does the receiver of the gift owe us money?

Anonymous said...

That sounds good to Nick and me.

rocnrbn said...

If someone can find me a restored '57 t-bird for under $30.00 I would appreciate that as a gift.
Consider this my Christmas wish list.
Seriously, that amount is fine with me.

Momma Becker said...

I think if you've already purchased a book, you will have to 'take the book back'!

Erin said...

I think this is the time of year when we cut my father off from buying books.... which means we need to start throwing out gift ideas!

Mike said...

Shoot-I don't stop buying books until Thanksgiving.

Momma Becker said...

How about some comments from the rest of the family - Sean/Liz? Steve's family? the college kids?

Erin said...

Oh come on..... I REALLY don't want to spend any more time at the mall than I have to come November!

Matt said...

Sounds good to me