Monday, January 11, 2010

Around The House

While we were in DC, Sean, Linda, and I went to the Paper Source in Georgetown. Sean and I picked up these really cute hooks that had painted animal heads attached. I'd seen them in the Paper Source catalog, but their price tags were steep and I didn't even consider buying them. Lucky for us the after-Christmas sales led to a drastic price reduction and we were able to pick up a handful of the little buggers.

Once we got them home though we were at a loss as to where they should hang. None of the walls felt right and we didn't want to hide them in the closet. Then Sean had a stroke of brilliance, "Let's paint the closet door with chalkboard paint and hang them on the outside. Then we would have a place to hang hats and keys as well as leave each other messages." Perfect! And so that's what we did.





And of course I had to leave a silly message as soon as the paint was dry. Awesome.

10 comments:

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

I saw him last evening and he didn't look that cute to me.

(I also removed the last post because of a typo.)

Erin said...

That's a great idea!!

Sean said...

In my defense, I WAS wearing a stocking cap and hockey jersey yesterday. Hard to be cute in that ensemble.

Anonymous said...

I love it! I'm glad they went to good use! :)

Randi said...

Geez...
OK Sean/Liz soo...is this the closet opposite the steps to the basement (which Michael C. says you took that door off)? You guys have about as many doors, windows, and NO wall space as we do.

Sean said...

You are correct, mom. That is the "closest" door in between the kitchen and the front door. The door that was always swung "open" leading to the basement, upon which the antique broom was hanging, has been taken off its hinges. Our living room feels HUGE.

Sean said...

by "closest" I meant closet.

Randi said...

I was right:-)I'm sure your living room feels larger. Nice!!!

Momma Becker said...

This is cool. I'm trying to think which door we could do this to.