Thursday, November 12, 2009

UMBC and President Hrabowski

Hi everyone-

Since Erin plugged something awesome about Wittenberg, I thought I'd plug UMBC and our president, Freeman Hrabowski, who was recently named by Time Magazine to be one of the top ten college presidents in the country. I don't know if any of you have ever seen Dr. Hrabowski speak, but in my opinion this is an honor well deserved. I love seeing him around campus because he always has a huge smile on his face.

And to give credit where credit is due, OSU's president was also among the top ten! It's good to know the Jones grandkids are getting excellent educations!

Here's a link to the blurb about Dr. Hrabowski:

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1937938_1937933_1937920,00.html

3 comments:

Mike said...

I heard him speak at your graduation and I was very impressed with the work that he has done and the transformation that he has performed at UMBC.

If I remember correctly he was also touted a year or so ago in U.S. News and World Report as an outstanding leader. The university needs to made sure that they hang on to him.

Erin said...

That's fantastic!

And props to President Gee for making the #1 spot!

Randi said...

Kudos! GOOD university presidents don't get the recognition they deserve. Witt, UMBC and OSU need to keep them on board.