Monday, December 31, 2007

A visit to Pittsburgh?

I would like to suggest a "family reunion" in Pittsburgh this summer from approximately July 24th (Thurs-arrival) to July 28th (Mon-departure).

There are several reasons for this proposed location-

1. it's about equal driving for everyone;
2. we can visit the amusement park at Kennywood;
3. the Pirates are in town over that weekend (yes Dad there has to be baseball);
4. we can do some other sightseeing;
5. it's a chance to get the whole family (and their significant others) together;
6. IT WILL BE FUN!!

I am posting this now to give everyone a chance to check their schedules and decide whether these dates are convenient. I am willing to make all the arrangements. I have already scouted out a Hampton Inn near Kennywood which is reasonably priced-the only drawback is there is no swimming pool. (Bob-it's the same one that we stayed at before.) By your responding posts let me know if a pool is required/neeeded/a necessity.

Have a great New Year and I'll look forward to hearing from everyone soon.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I'll be checkin' the schedule! :-)

If all goes well I am SO there!

rocnrbn said...

From what I'm hearing in this house, a pool would be nice for evening relaxing, but not a necessity.
Hope everyone had as great a time visiting as I did. I missed seeing Erin, Sean and Liz.
Happy New Year to all!

rocnrbn said...

p.s.-
those dates seem like they should be alright for us.
Don't know if Linda and Nick saw this message yet.
Mike, how soon do you think we need to make arrangements?
Bob

Anonymous said...

That should work for us. Sounds like fun!

Momma Becker said...

This sounds good to us. It may only be 3 of us, if Julie gets the job with REACH for the summer. I don't know when she's supposed to hear. A pool would probably be nice for the evenings, but not necessary.