Friday, March 7, 2008

Smith Island Cakes

So the State of Maryland is considering making the Smith Island Cake the official desert of the state.



So a resident of the island came on the show this morning to show her cake.



Yours truly was ask to be the taste tester.



The cake was awesome!!



Here is the link to the morning edition. Once you get there, scroll down to the coffee with segments. Once your in there look for the cake.



You all know my address for the fan mail.

http://wjz.com/morningedition

9 comments:

Randi said...

COOL...I just watched the clip. You were smooooooth:-)

Sean said...

Looking good Uncle Steve. I thought that Columbus TV anchors had some personality, but Marty Bass still......

drum roll please....

takes the cake.

Mike said...

Way to go. (Did you get paid extra for "on air" time?) I noticed that there were no crumbs left-it must have been good. I expect to have one of those cakes when we get to Forest Hill in May.

Momma Becker said...

OOh! Can I have your autograph?

Momma Becker said...

Wow, I just watched the clip - great job Steve! And am I the only one who thinks Steve and Marty look alike?

Anonymous said...

Dear Uncle Steve,

I've always been one of your biggest fans. The way you so graciously accepted a piece of cake was inspiring. I only hope I can eat cake on TV like you one day!

Your #1 fan,
Linda

Lizzie Jones said...

I just may have to try that recipe...

Very nice cameo Uncle Steve!

Randi said...

Gosh, Liz...maybe that could be added to the menu at Northstar after you tweek it with your ingredients.

Steve said...

Thanks for all of the support.
I just try to do my best work for all of my loyal fans.