Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Graduation festivities

Randi and I enjoyed seeing and spending time with everyone over the last 10 days or so. We hated to leave this morning, but unfortunately the real world intrudes and we probably need to get back to work.

As some of you are aware during our stay I was collecting the "phrase" of the day. So without further ado here are some of the best:

1. Monday, May 26th: "There should be unless you're going to buy something." (Randi to Mike when he wasn't sure that there would be room for a dirty clothes bag in the car on the trip home.)(I might point out that I did in fact buy some books and a new orange golf shirt.)

2. Tuesday, May 27th: "You are totally, totally, totally awesome." (Harford County Councilwoman Roni Chenowith at Ali's graduation. This is somewhat of an addition to the same speech last year when Matt's class was "totally awesome".)

3. Wednesday, May 28th: "Back when I was in high school." (Ian to Kevin at the O's game-subject matter that prompted this comment unknown.)

4. Thursday, May 29th: "They ought to make this a merit badge." (Matt's comment at Ian's Eagle ceremony as Ian tried and tried to clasp the Eagle necklace around Robin's neck.)

5. Friday, May 30th: vacant

6. Saturday, May 31st: There are several options for this day-your vote by posted comments will decide the winner:

A. "I trust Dad was patient on the drive home." (Sean responding to an email from Randi
concerning the traffic on the trip back from Washington on Friday.)

B. "Yeah, but my rooster always got killed." (Matt's comment when asked if there was rooster
fighting in the dorm-this was prompted by Kim's and/or Ian's comment about a recent dog
fight on Chad Court.)

C. "I have 15 things on my birthday list this year." (Patrick Shaner's response when
asked if he was going to summer camp this year.)

7. Sunday, June 1st: vacant.

8. Monday, June 2nd: I have a great line, but I can't use it without Kim's permission.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Pittsburgh.

Enjoy.

6 comments:

ian said...

i have to go w/ option b

Erin said...

I'm torn between A & B..... but I LOVE Matt's comment about making necklace-hooking a merit badge! :-)

Anonymous said...

B all the way.

C might be funnier if the description included the exact amount that those 15 items cost: $890.

ian said...

oh yeah, it would be. and uncle mike, it was me that made the statement in option "b".

Sean said...

I like option C, but patrick isn't going to be allowed to post on the blog just because he's been mentioned on it.

Erin said...

Come on Kim, give it up! I want to know what your comment was!!!!!!!