Monday, June 9, 2008

Thoughts

Hey everyone.
Last night my friend AJ was in a bad motorcycle accident. He lost control of his bike and flew 35 yards. He was airlifted to Shock Trauma and is in the ICU there. He's stable but in critical condition. His spleen was removed, he broke a few vertebrae, his femur, and his hip. He has a rod in his leg and he constantly needs to be turned because he has fluid in his lungs. Luckily he doesn't have any brain damage but he's heavily sedated. In a couple of days he'll have more operations on his back. We're all hoping he makes it out of there but you never know.
If you guys could keep him in your thoughts that would be great.
Thanks!

6 comments:

Erin said...

Kim I am SO sorry! He, his family & friends, & of course you are in my thoughts. Please keep me updated!

Momma Becker said...

I'll keep him in my prayers Kim. Let us know how he's doing.

Randi said...

Here, too, Kim.......

Kim said...

Thanks guys. He's gotten a little better. He will hopefully have his back surgery tomorrow. Today he was trying to breathe on his own. He still hasn't woken up but he's getting stronger. Dave went and saw him yesterday and said he looks all blown up. But at least he's alive! Hopefully after his back surgery he'll wake up. Dave and I will probably go visit him tomorrow. :]

Lizzie Jones said...

Kim,

I'm glad to hear he's doing better. He'll be on our minds as he continues to heal.

Randi said...

What's the update?