Sunday, June 15, 2008

Holy Moses!

I think a few of you are aware of my craft hobby and how it took over the living room of our apartment so we had to buy a house just so Sean had a room with a door that he could close and forget about the madness that lived behind aforementioned door (run-on sentence anyone?).  Well, there is a particular company Papertrey Ink that I L...O...V...E and follow (with a devotion that gives Sean the jellie-bellies).  Every month they host a contest to see what their customers can do with their most recent stamp release.  This month the challenge was to create a baby gift using the new set "Bitty Baby Blessings."  As many of you are also aware, Sean and I do not have little folks.  Why do I buy stamp sets dedicated to entire subgroups of people with whom I have very little interaction?  I am compelled to do so because they are so stinkin' cute...that's why.  Well, this month the stars aligned and I was chosen as the winner of the baby gift contest.  There are generally 60+ designers hoping for this honor and somewhere in the neighborhood of 120+ projects.  Here is my project in all of its "20-hours-of-madness-cutting-out-mini-animals-and-gluing-on-1/8-of-an-inch-satin-ribbon" baby mobile glory.  I hope you like it because it landed me a free stamp set from a company that I so totally adore.




This is a close-up of my happy little animal friends.  See...stinkin' cute!


I should try to go to bed now.  When the owner of the company posts the info on her blog I will link that here so you can read that as well.  Good night, family!

11 comments:

Randi said...

WOW! Who wouldn't be tickled to receive that as a gift?! Kudos!!

Kim said...

congratulations! they're so cute!!

Erin said...

Congrats Liz!! I am so proud of you & they look fantastic!

Steve said...

Way to go !!!!
They are stinkin cute!!!!

Lizzie Jones said...

Thanks guys! I am still all worked up over the announcement. I have a few other projects in the works for other companies/publications so hopefully this is just the beginning. I totally appreciate the support!

Momma Becker said...

Almost makes me want to have another baby so I can have one of these! Great job Liz!

Randi said...

Say what, Donna??!!!

Lizzie Jones said...

Now...nobody do anything rash!

Erin said...

I agree with Liz! And Daddy.... NO COMMENTS on how perfect these would be for YOUR grandchild!

Steve said...

LOOK OUT CARL!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Liz! I love it!