Saturday, January 17, 2009

Baltimore excitement!

It's an exciting weekend to be in Baltimore! Last night I went out with some friends and ran into Poe, one of the three Baltimore Raven's mascots.






Then today, I went with friends to the Obama rally! We got in line at noon, got to the War Memorial at 2, and heard his speech at 4. I can't even begin to express how incredible it was to see and hear Obama in person. Definitely worth the wait in below freezing temperatures!









Tomorrow- down to Pickles to watch the Ravens game! And I'm still deciding whether or not to go to Inaugaration. My desire to be part of the "experience" may have been satiated by today's events, but we'll see.

Is anyone else doing anything fun for the Ravens game tomorrow? Mom and Dad- enjoying the HD TV?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I forgot to mention- Sheila Dixon did NOT attend the rally. :P

Randi said...

Gee...I wonder why she was not in attendance.....
What an experience!
Uncle Mike and I will be watching from the warmth/comfort of our chairs.
Is it true that all the school children wore purple yesterday?

Anonymous said...

Yep- Purple Friday!