Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Getting to work on time !

So today I get up my regular time. For those of you that don't know that'a 4:20am.
I clean off my car and have a rather uneventful drive ( considering the inch of ice on some streets)
Now usually my friend Nick is the first there. Today when I pulled in the lot was empty. I knew he was sick yesterday so I figure I'd just wait for the day shift supervisor to arrive.
For some unknown reason the thought occured to me to call in to the Lion "emergency hotline".
Guess what, we were opening up at 10:00 am !!! How stupid I felt.
Now I wasn't about to head back out on the highway, so I figured I'd just take a nap.
I didn't have to wait very long however, since they didn't bother to call the supervisor either, and she showed up on time.
Funny, but totally expected that the people in charge live 2 minutes away and can't come in on time, and the 2 people who live in Chase and Dundalk arrive early in an ice storm.
I suppose that I'll never learn !!

P.S.- sorry I didn't post a Barbara thought yesterday. Please be sure and read the one I put on today.
Love to all,
Bob

2 comments:

Randi said...

Well, gee...at least you got something accomplished since it was sooooo quiet???

Momma Becker said...

Carl has the same problem, the people who live close by are late. The other problem is the people who can least afford to miss work are the ones who call off because they don't want to drive in a little snow or work in the rain.