Friday, January 25, 2008

I drove - for real!

Yes, after 10 weeks of having to be driven around and waiting for people to pick me up, I drove to my physical therapy appointment. The foot was a little sore and felt funny in a shoe instead of the boot cast, but the feeling of freedom made up for the discomfort.
Monday I'm getting a shot in my back, some kind of nerve block, to help get rid of the pain in the foot and ankle. Hopefully that will help and I will soon be walking normally, instead of with a walker or rolling around in the wheelchair.
Thanks to everyone for your prayers - they have been answered!

7 comments:

Lizzie Jones said...

Hooray!!!

Randi said...

Next - shopping? You're welcome!

Mike said...

Are the streets safe?

Sean said...

They've never been safer! Congrats!

Erin said...

Woohoo!!! That's awesome!

Robin said...

That's terrific! Now was Julie anywhere around this neighborhood lately? We saw a mailbox that was completely wiped out and wondered... JK JK!!!

Erin said...

Geeze Aunt Robin! Funny, funny....!