Monday, January 7, 2008

Pittsburgh

I have reserved a block of 10 rooms (6 w/king size beds, 4 w/2 double beds) at the Hampton Inn, Monroeville, PA., at a rate of $109.oo per night, plus tax, for four nights beginning Thursday, July 24th. The reservation is under the name "Jones Family Reunion".

I have requested adjoining rooms. The hotel has a pool and a "fitness center". There are no refrigerators in the rooms; coolers will be needed. There is a continental breakfast available each day. I assume that the "king" rooms will be reserved by: Randi and I, Bob and Robin, Carl and Donna, Steve and Cindy, Sean and Liz and Nick and Linda. I also assume that the "doubles" will be used by a combination of the rest of the gang. The hotel asks that you contact them at 1-412-380-4000 to reserve your rooms. I have reserved a "king" room for Randi and I and another room for Erin and the "ladies" that she will be bunking with.

This hotel is about 11 miles from Pittsburgh and Kennywood and I believe that it is off of the Pa. Turnpike. The lady at the hotel that I spoke to has a contact at Kennywood and will be checking on group rate tickets for either Friday or Saturday. (On a side note Robin has advised that Kennywood offers both group discounts for groups of 20 or more and also a discount for those of us who will be 55 and older by July-SORRY Donna).

The Pirates play throughout the weekend and we can discuss that once tickets go on sale.

Let me know if you have any questions.

5 comments:

rocnrbn said...

Sounds Great!
Thanks for doing the footwork

Steve said...

I took care of calling and learned that there is a "Forest Hills" right around the corner from the hotel.

I learn something new everyday.

Momma Becker said...

I just made our reservations, for one of the king rooms. Does someone need to make a reservation for the room the 'young guys' will be sharing?

Mike said...

I suppose that someone should make the "guys" a reservation. How may rooms are reserved so far.

rocnrbn said...

reserved two rooms today for the Shad Court Jones family.
1 King and 1 double