Thursday, July 31, 2008

Masters publication

Hi everyone!

I am so excited right now because I literally just found out that my masters thesis was accepted for publication!! That means that in a few months I will officially be a published author- and a first author at that!

So, in case you're wondering, the title of my article will be "Perceived history of anaphylaxis and parental overprotection, autonomy, anxiety, and depression in food allergic young adults" and it will be published in the Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings. Not to toot my own horn (ok, maybe to toot it a little bit), but this is a really big deal in my field. It's rare that a masters thesis is published, so my advisor is incredibly excited for me as well!

Just wanted to share my joy!

12 comments:

Sean said...

I'll be the first to say congrats! That is really exciting news. Let us know when it hits "newsstands" so I can find which library at Ohio State will have it on the shelf.

Mike said...

Congratulations. I have no clue what your thesis is attempting to explain/describe but I'm sure that it is excellent if it was chosen for publications.

Robin said...

Congratulations, Linda! We're so proud of you!!

Steve said...

Congratulations, Linda!
That is very cool!!

Randi said...

WOW - another addition to your resume!

ian said...

Now i can ask my psychology professors at umbc if they know my sister, a published author.

Erin said...

Lin-lin, that's FANTASTIC NEWS!!!! I will definitely be on the look-out for the article!!!!!! I am so proud of you!

Lizzie Jones said...

Congratulations! What amazing news!

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone!

To clarify my thesis- there's a new theory that parents of children with food allergy are likely to overprotect their children because they are scared they will experience anaphylaxis- which is a life-threatening condition. My masters investigated whether or not these kids reported their parents were overprotective.

As it turns out, they do tend to overprotect their children. This has led to my dissertation which is aimed at determining which parents are most likely to overprotect. The idea is that identifying these parents early will allow for early interventions. :)

Momma Becker said...

Congratulations Linda! I remember reading your thesis a few years ago at the ocean and it was great!

Julie said...

Congratulations Linda!

Mike said...

Thanks for the explanation. Now I at least know what it's about.