Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Knee, continued

Arrived at the surgery center at 11:10 this morning. Didn't have to wait long to be called in. The surgeon was running about an hour ahead (yes, I said ahead) so I was wheeled in a little before 1:oo and after having a spinal I laid back on the operating table and watched the whole scope. Didn't take more than 20 minutes. Then I had to wait in recovery and the initial waiting area for the effects of the spinal to wear off so I could put weight on my good leg. We finally left around 5:00.

I don't have to do any physical therapy; just some in-house exercises 4 or 5 times a day. I have already done one set tonight. I go back a week from Friday for a follow-up exam.

And Donna-I know how to use the crutches-I believe that I learned to use them when you were about 9-can you remember that far back at your age?

11 comments:

Momma Becker said...

Glad to hear the surgery went well. No, I don't remember you being on crutches when I was 9. I'm surprised you remember back that far. And why were you on crutches?

Mike said...

Because I dislocated ny ankle playing basketball at Scouts on the last day of school that year.

Anonymous said...

The surgery sounds pretty interesting! Was it strange to watch? I'm glad to hear you are doing well. :)

Mike said...

No it wasn't that strange. The picture wasn't in HD so I really couldn't see all of the gory details.

Julie said...

I'm glad everything went so well!

Sean said...

Glad to hear you're home safe and sound, you sounded like your usual self on our voice-mail!

Erin said...

Daddy, I'm quite impressed you remember back that far! Glad you're doing well; has Chloe adusted to the crutches being around?

Randi said...

No...Chloe is still being a pain.

Momma Becker said...

Must be feeling okay, I tried to call last night and no one was home - out running around?

Randi said...

I took Mike to a village committee meeting at 5:30. It lasted an hour/half. I was at church from 6-8

Mike said...

an update: I took the ace bandage wrap and gauze off this afternoon and now have three band-aids over the incisions. The knee feels fine-I have not used any pain pills today other than the aspirin that they told me to take. I have been putting some weight on my leg while using the crutches. Otheriwse I have been taking it easy.