Friday, October 31, 2008

Dela Where?

So does anyone know where Vice President candidate Joe Biden went to college?.............Here is a hint he spoke at his old stomping ground today and I was there. I will leave my political preferences out of here but I how often do you get to see the possible future vice president. Anyway there were crowds and protests all over and that was just in the dining hall. But seriously the secret service was everywhere and all of my classes within 10 blocks of memorial hall were canceled. This semester is flying by and is going well. The intramural soccer season is going well with both The Blue barracudas (coed) and How Now Brown Cow (mens) in the playoffs this week. Also my suite mates and I have been looking for housing for about a month and on Wednesday we signed our lease for next year. It is a 4 bedroom house technically off campus but it couldn't be much closer to campus. I hope everyone is well and I cant wait to see you all very soon.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Matt, I was just about to post a message asking you if you saw Biden... How quickly my question was answered!

The house sounds exciting. It's strange to think that next year you'll be an upperclassman!

Sean said...

Ya'll signed your lease already for NEXT year?! Sheesh. You should start procrastinating.

Momma Becker said...

How cool, Matt, and your classes were cancelled too! A perfect day.

Randi said...

COOL...you, Erin and Liz will always remember these 2008 rallies you attended! I forgot to mention that Sarah Palin was in FW last Sat. nite. Not well organized (was to begin at 6:30/started at 8:00) but she was there none-the-less. I was there...in FW...Chloe got groomed...in the morning:-)

How long is soccer season? Play-offs?

Good to "hear" from you Matt! See you at Christmas!

Mike said...

Good to know that you're still among the living Matt. I don't understand, however, why you wish to remain silent about your political preferences.

Anyway-glad to hear that all is well. Make sure that I get an invite to the first kegger!

Saw the Blue Hens took it on the chin yesterday-hope that wasn't a home game.

Matt said...

Your on the VIP list Uncle Mike. We started looking for housing the first week of september and we got placed on about 5 waitlist. And the soccer playoffs are only a week or two long.

Sean said...

There's never a waitlist at the Royal Forest Jones B&B for any interested transfer students!

Mike said...

It depends on what the tuition and room and board fees are.

Erin said...

Matt:

I'm really glad you got to see him speak! I'm sure everything was nuts; I remember working those rallies in 2004 & how crazy security was. Congrats on the house! :-)