Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Cast update

I am now sporting a new cast on my foot - in John Deere Green! I went to the doctor's today and they removed the bandages and took out the stitches - that did not feel good. There were about 20 stitches, with the longest incision being 6-7 inches long. The doctor said everything looked good. About the surgery, the surgeon said, "We kept finding new surprises everywhere we looked."
The cast will stay on for 3 weeks, then I go back for x-rays and possibly a removable cast. There's lots of pain right now from all the moving around they did to put on the cast, but the Vicodin is helping, keeping me in a nice fog. Sorry we can't send a picture of the foot, but right now it's not working from our camera to the computer. Hope everyone's having a good week.

5 comments:

Cindy said...

John Deere green? How about Christmas red, red is my favorite color. Glad the stitches are out and you're moving forward. So what exactly is this fog like?

Anonymous said...

Will you have a cast that we can sign??

Sean said...

Since I grew up in Northwest Ohio, I know all about fog.

Since I moved to Columbus and got a job in the fabulous Short North, I've seen alot of London Fog too.

Randi said...

Would this be a "good" fog or a "bad" fog?

Momma Becker said...

Wow, a lot of interest in a little fog. Does someone want to borrow my Vicodin? It's a good fog when it gets rid of the pain, but a bad fog when I'm trying to think. So I can't make any major decisions when on the Vicodin, sorry guys, no major car purchases for Christmas gifts.

If the cast is still on at Christmas time, then certainly you can sign it.