Thursday, November 15, 2007

Update from the First State


So the semester is almost over. After thanksgiving I have one full week of classes then finals start. I am looking forward to the two months off for winter break but I will be taking a sociology class at Essex. The building pictured is of Old College, it was constructed in 1834 (How old were you then Uncle Mike?). It is the oldest building at UD that still holds classes. Delaware is currently 9th in the country(D1-AA) and plays its last game against Villanova on Saturday. I can't wait to see you all soon.

8 comments:

Ali said...

Okay so you googled that information about D-Ware right because you did not anything about the buildings when you tried to show us around the campus!

Mike said...

Matt-it was good to hear from you on the blog. I trust that your injuries have healed. I think that 1834 was a little before my time, but probably not by much (I thought that I would say that before my sister and/or Kevin get a shot.) I'll bet that it's hard to believe that the first semester is almost over. I have been following the Hens and it looks like they might get in the playoffs. Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas.

Kim said...

Glad to hear you're doing good at school. :] Do you know who your sociology teacher is?

Steve said...

I wonder what tuition was in 1834?

Randi said...

Good question, Steve!

I trust you don't have aspirations of being a campus "tour" guide for high schools IF your sister's comment is true:-)

Sean said...

If you're going to become a tour guide at campus, being able to walk backwards is a MUST.

I looked up tuition in 1834 online: adjusted for inflation it looks like it would be two wagon axles but in order to get onto campus you either had to caulk the wagon or hire an indian guide.

Anonymous said...

I hope no one dies from cholera on the way...

Robin said...

Did you play West Chester this fall? They used to be a good team years ago. It's hard to believe your first semester is almost over!!!