Wednesday, November 14, 2007

my story


Well, since both of my siblings posted I figured I should update everyone on my life as well. As most of you guys know, I just got a car that is "mine". Its a '93 Jeep Cherokee, so its almost as old as me and the gas mileage isn't so great, but I still love it. I'm still working at my internship, Spears/Votta and Associates (www.spearsvotta.com for those of you interested), and even though I've decided I do not want to be an engineer the job is great for the time being. I've been working there almost five months and am now technically an "electrical draftsman". I also just had my five month anniversary for my license, which is a nice little milestone for me. High school is school, I'm sure Ali would agree that I just want it to be over. However, I am looking forward to whatever comes my way for next year, hopefully living away from home at college. This post wasn't as long as some of the others, so I'll add a photo for you guys to enjoy.

7 comments:

Ali said...

Love the picture!!
I aspire to be as cool as you Ian!

Randi said...

So..if not an engineer, what are your other interests? How's the Eagle Scout project coming? My nephew Kirt drove a Jeep Cherokee for his first 3 years at Ferris State Univ.

ian said...

Why thank you Ali. I'm looking towards history now instead of engineering. I'm trying to find out what I can do with a history degree besides teach, but I'm thinking that I would like to try to be either a high school history teacher or preferably a history professor. The eagle project is almost done... about 150 flags left, then I can mail them off.

Randi said...

Good history teachers are hard to find, especially AP history teachers. Keep us updated on the Eagle project.

Mike said...

I think Ali may be a little over the top with this "cool" thing, but it looks like a nice ride. I can also remember (long ago and far away) how difficult it was to get through that senior year-but, graduation will be here before your know it and, one day, you'll wonder where the time went. See you at Christmas for my "loot".

Mike said...

Sorry about the spelling error.

KEVIN said...

looking good theere ian