Thursday, November 22, 2007

Surgery update

Hello everyone,
So I've finally joined this blog thing - everyone say Hi to Momma Becker.
Thanks to everyone who has called to check up on me since the surgery. There is still a lot of pain,which the Vicodin doesn't always take care of, but I'm learning to live with it. And sleeping a lot too.
Carl and Julie fixed a great Thanksgiving dinner today, with all the trimmings - it was delicious. And Julie made her first apple pie, which was also delicious.

For the first time in 8 years, I will not be going to Walmart at 5 a.m. tomorrow for Black Friday shopping. I'm worried about what would happen to me and my foot among all those crazy shoppers. Linda thinks they would be nice to me in the wheelchair, but she's obviously never been Black Friday shopping. They would probably push me out of the way or jump over the wheelchair to get what they want. So I'll let Carl and Julie take my place while I sleep.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Hopefully I'll see you all soon.

7 comments:

Erin said...

It was good to talk to you tonight! Stay home, rest, & make sure your family takes good care of you!

Sean said...

You made a wise choice about skipping the Black Friday shopping.

Kim said...

Hi Momma Becker!
I'm sure Walmart missed you this morning. Maybe Cyber Monday would be better suited for you?

Momma Becker said...

Kim
I'll have to check that out. What exactly is Cyber Monday?

Kim said...

Apparently the Monday after Thanksgiving is the biggest day that everyone buys their presents online. You can wear your pjs while shopping!

Anonymous said...

My internet has been slower than usual today, so I suspect Black Friday is quickly watching up to Cyber Monday!

Randi said...

Hey Momma B!
Nancy, Megan and mom came here today because Nancy wanted to go to the Candy Cane Shoppe in Archbold. Then we came home through Bryan so we could stop at Christmas Manor. Both stores have websites.
Kevin would have loved the bright yellow John Deere trees we saw!